top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How long should I keep my tax documents?

A: If you file a complete income tax return, then you should keep records for at least 3 years.

If you have not filed, or filed an incomplete income tax return, then you need to keep your records indefinitely.

Q: What should I do if I get a notice from a taxing agency (IRS, FTB, EDD)?

A: Show it to us! You can email/fax it to our office, or drop it off. You can even send a copy to us in the mail. Once we’ve taken a look at it, we will advise you on what your next step should be.

Q: How can I contact the IRS or FTB?

A: You can visit their website (see links) or contact them via these phone numbers.

                        IRS:     Individuals: 1-800-829-1040

                                    Businesses: 1-800-829-4933

                        FTB:    1- 800-852-5711


Q: When do I drop off my tax documents?

A: You need to drop off your relevant tax documents no later than two weeks (14 days) prior to your appointment,  in order to have your returns completed in time for your review & pick up appointment. You can send your documents via mail, fax, email or stop by our office.

Q: What is my tax appointment for?

A:Your tax appointment is intended for the review of your completed tax returns. You will meet one of our tax specialists to go over your tax results, the e-filing process, as well as any questions you may have.


Q: Where is my refund?

A:If we have e-filed your tax returns and you have elected to have your refunds directly deposited into your bank account, you should expect to receive your refund 7-14 days after your tax return is processed. You can check online to verify your refund status via the following links:




bottom of page